Tuesday 5 August 2008

The Way of Mrs. Cosmopilite

  • A penny saved is a penny earned.
  • A washed pot never boils. (This one was related by way of a Yeti, so it may be garbled by a mild speech impediment)
  • Because.
  • Big events always cast their shadows.
  • Eat it up, it'll make your hair curly.
  • Everything comes to he who waits.
  • Every second counts.
  • Hard work never did anybody any harm.
  • I can't be having with that kind of thing.
  • I'd forget my own head if it wasn't nailed on.
  • If you have another one you won't have an appetite for your dinner.
  • If you want a thing done properly you've got to do it yourself.
  • I haven't got all day, you know.
  • I have only one pair of hands.
  • I'm not as green as I'm cabbage-looking.
  • It does you good to get out in the fresh air.
  • It never rains but it pours.
  • It's amazing what you see if you keep your eyes open. (Koan 124)
  • It won't get better if you pick at it.
  • I've got a feeling in my water.
  • I was not born yesterday.
  • Oo, you are so sharp you'll cut yourself one of these days.
  • Seeing is believing.
  • The big sea does not care which way the little fishes swim.
  • There is a Time and a Place for Everything.
  • There is no time like the present.
  • There's a lot goes on we don't know about, in my opinion.
  • We live and learn.
  • Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs.
  • When you have got to go, you have got to go.
  • Wrap up warm or you'll catch your death.
  • You can't tell a book by its cover.
  • You could knock me down with a feather.
  • You never know what's going to turn up.
  • You should always wear clean underwear because you never know if you will be knocked down by a cart.
  • You've got to learn to walk before you can run

No comments: